“I may not have gone where I intended to go,
but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
― Douglas Adams.
Tony Blair. Dubyaman. Mangal Pandey. Salaam Namaste. Batman Begins. Revenge of the Sith. 'Don't cha wish your girlfriend...'. John Cena winning his first WWE World Championship belt.
Godyears completes 7 years this month-end. That's a long time by any standards.
7 years. A rainbow cake seemed appropriate.
Statistically speaking :
Year 5 - 2 blogs, 322 posts, 3333 comments, 072702 page views.
Year 6 - 2 blogs, 361 posts, 3990 comments, 100908 page views and 6 published stories.
Year 7 - 3 blogs, 432 posts, 5936 comments, 143942 page views and 10 published stories.
It has been an eventful year, not just for me but for the blog as well.
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud
- Maya Angelou
More importantly, I finally embraced change.
From the starting posts in 2005 till 2011, there were umpteen warning signs of me being a doormat and letting people walk all over me. I was too busy thinking of everyone else's opinion of me and being a people pleaser.
- Subconsciously or otherwise, that need to strengthen people's self-belief seeped into the posts as well ( Play to your strengths, Embers, Make a Chit ).
- The sense of maturity , a word not many ever associated with me, also finally reflected in fictional posts with deeper significance ( Origins, The Ballet, The Ice Cream Stick House ).
- The romantic and the comedian is still alive though, for which I'm glad ( Old school, Becoming a Superhero, My 1.34 crore resume for Facebook ).
- In between all this, there were guest posts for pregnant women and political parties as well.
- There were also more medical posts including the infamous 'Doctors defend thyself' which had more page views than all my posts in Year 1 put together and also got me labeled an 'Educated bastard' by a crowd that refused to accept that Indian doctors could have a soul.
Me with Elvis. Yes, the King is alive. He's just in hiding.
Cheers everyone. Keep blogging. The way things are going, bloggers and tweeters maybe the only sane voices this country has soon.