Today marks 6 years of GODYEARS.
I won't deny it. I'm proud of it.
This same time last year, I was pretty pumped up with the technical stats of the blog :
2 blogs, 5 years, 322 posts, 3333 comments, 72702 page views. So what's this year's stats ?
2 blogs, 6 years, 361 posts, 3990 comments, 100908 page views... and 6 published stories.
That last bit is particularly pleasing to me.
I want to thank everyone who comes by here, reads and comments on these posts.. it feels nice to know people care. It feels great to meet people from all over the world and listen to their opinions as well.
It's while I was wondering what to type that Reflections sent me a tag that pretty much did my work for me.. asking me to choose worthy reads from 6 years worth of blogposts. I've done my best to be concise, selecting specific ones that I thought matched the needs of the tag.
What this tag is about:
To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.
1) Blogger is nominated to take part
2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
The links are:
- Your most beautiful post
– Your most popular post
– Your most controversial post
– Your most helpful post
– A post whose success surprised you
– A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved
– The post that you are most proud of
3) Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
5) And so it goes on!
Here's my list :-
- Your most beautiful post - HEARTSTRINGS
An Urban Shots Silver Winner, this story is as much fiction as it is fact. I loved it as I wrote it and I'm glad people who read it loved it too and related to it.
– Your most popular post - TO THE STRANGER I LOVE
Even 4 years after it was written, I still get fanmail over this post. If ever you've watched your friends happy in love while you sat alone and wished for similar happiness, this post is for you.
– Your most controversial post - TETRAPACK GODS
People used to wonder why I challenge God so often . The fact is I don't challenge Gods... I do challenge people's beliefs when they allow blind faith to supercede common sense and logic. "TETRAPACK GODS" is a pretty popular old post about blind faith in Godmen.
– Your most helpful post - I NEED YOU TO KNOW, MY CHILD
This is not helpful for the world in any way. It is for one woman... a dear friend of mine who was going through a phase no mother should suffer. She has been my shoulder to cry on many a time in my youth. This was me returning the favour.
– A post whose success surprised you - AMBERVILLE
Amberville remains the most read story till date from the short story site D.ustb.in. While I liked the theme, I was surprised by how people took up the "land where all is not well" theme of Amberville, resulting in sequels like Payback , Guardian Angel and even Dr Rohan's Murders at a Hospital which was a BlogAdda winner itself.
– A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved - SHAKTIMAAN AND DIRTY GANGA
I really loved this comedy movie I created , even if I say so myself. I still laugh out loud reading it. I'd give my arm to be as creative as I was 5 years ago.
– The post that you are most proud of - JUNGLE PARABLE
People have messaged from literally 'different corners of the world', telling me how much they loved the moral of this post and how it affects them. Thank you.
5 dynamic people I tag because I know they've got supercool posts and I want them to rack their brains and choose their own bests :